Friday, March 19, 2010

A Sequel For A Sister

"My Sister left home years ago," said my cousin's girlfriend. What she was saying kind of came out muffled, but that's how it comes out when someone is throwing up blood.

She was trying to tell me what went wrong all those years ago and why she was so messed up now. She was trying to tell me about being made to jack off her grandfather while her grandmother watched. She was trying to tell me about how the hot water for bathing had to be heated on the stove.

She said, "no matter how hot the water was, it wouldn't wash away the things that I've done."

She had a pet bunny when she was growing up. She fed the bunny every day and brushed it's white coat of fur. She loved that bunny.

She named the bunny Elfwich.

On Easter Sunday she woke up to the smell of food cooking. All her little brother's were in the kitchen dying eggs. She asked, "what's cooking?"

Grandma and Grandpa looked at each other.

Her uncle walked in the little two room tar paper shack with her bunny's hide in his hands. "Thank's for feeding that rabbit of yours so good little darlin'. Now we can have an Easter after all."

She told me how her heart could never care for anything again after that Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment