Sunday, March 21, 2010

Aligator Wrestling

Bo and Tracy really really loved each other.

Bo and Tracy were on the run from home.

When Bo was a child he and a friend used to go on three-hour runaways.

This was no three hour runaway.

Bo and Tracy had robbed a bank. They were going to build a new life in Florida. They were going to wrestle alligators. They were going to have a family.

Somewhere around the Illinois-Indiana border Tracy pulled the car over to the side of the road and put the car in park.

"Bo, do you really love me?"

"Baby you know I do. There is no one ever like you."

"Not even Sarah? You know I know you were fucking her when we first started going out."

"Come on baby. You know she meant nothing to me."

Tracy just looked at Bo.

"Bo, I'm pregnant."

"What? Come on now."

"No I took a test at the hotel this morning."

"Baby"

Bo and Tracy kissed. A real kiss that felt like no other kiss.

"We're going to make it baby," said Bo.

"I know we are."

Tracy put the car in drive and took off without even looking behind her. If she would have looked behind her, she would have seen the semi approaching at 50 miles per hour.

And Bo and Tracy might have made it to Florida.

1 comment: