Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Night In the Park

The man on the swing set was listening to his head set. It was a little past Midnight. No one was around.

"I can talk to snakes."

"I can talk to sharks."

"I used to build houses for sharks where I would teach them to communicate with each other. They never did say anything nice."

"Now snakes. Those motherfuckers know how to talk. They know how to love."

"I am going to be a snake when I'm young again."

The man picked up a cigarette butt from the ground and lit it with a match.

"Someday I'm going to be a scorpion. I don't want to be a deadly one. I just want to be a scorpion that falls in love with a snake."

"I will build my snake spouse a beautiful little house and we are going to have a bunch of little snake-scorpion children. We will live under the sea."

The chain connecting the swing to the swing set broke and the man fell.

"Motherfucking humans never knew how to build anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment